For the traveler with food restrictions, the thought of travel can be even more overwhelming.”Can I get organic or gluten-free meals or snacks on the way to my destination? What will the airline allow me to bring on the plane since I can’t even eat their “healthy” meal option? What’s my back-up food plan in [...]
Every parent want their child to eat well, but for parents focused on nutrition, Uncrustables® and Lunchables® are not even an option. Luckily as time goes on, more and more parents and school systems are making it easier to feed their children the way the parents see fit. Unfortunately, today even some seemingly innocuous lunches similar [...]
OK. So we returned from our Costa Rica trip five weeks ago and, FINALLY, I’ve found some time to share both the disappointments and gems we encountered down there. Costa Rica is a beautiful country hailed for its eco-friendly attributes — lush rain forests, mountains, and pristine beaches. But it is equally ridiculed for its [...]
As a developing nation, Costa Rica is often promoted as a nearby, cheap and safe tourist destination. So when I booked a two-week Thrifty car rental for a mere $200, I wasn’t so surprised. But standing online at the rental agency, we quickly noticed renters standing at the desk were infuriated by the news they [...]
In the bestselling book, The Four-Hour Work Week, author Tim Ferriss asserts that poor and middle class people typically want to live the lifestyle they think that rich people have. That includes eating in restaurants every night of the week, buying lots of “stuff” that they don’t need or will never use or spending money [...]
Watch the Video!
- Butter and the Brain December 27, 2008
- Frozen Salmon That’s Low in Mercury February 2, 2010
- Making 100% Teff Injera October 22, 2009
- Christmas Dinner in St. Martin December 26, 2011
- What’s Your Beef? The Benefits of Going Grass Fed May 2, 2009
- Modern Eating Disorders – Part Two: The Clean Food Myth April 28, 2013
- Modern Eating Disorders – Part One: The War on Food March 24, 2013
- 7 Smart Tips on Flu Prevention and Treatment You May Not Have Considered February 10, 2013
- Day 30 – How Slow Can You Go? February 2, 2013
- Day 29 – How Should I Feed My Kids? February 1, 2013
- ahewcn: That's a great idea. In this day of the internet,...
- Maria: Great article. I don't travel outside of the US ...
- Maria: Very interesting. I am going to send this to my f...
- ahewcn: I have more duck recipes to come. Like a salad wit...
- Lisa: That reminds me... I have a duck in the freezer. :...