There are many reasons why women and men today suffer from infertility. Unfortunately, when people seek the cause of infertility from their doctors, they are told that diet has nothing to do with it. Instead they are often given options that entail dangerous drugs and artificial manipulation of their hormones. If you’ve been reading this [...]
Archive | August, 2010
Last year my family decided to go to Spain to visit a friend I hadn’t seen for nearly 20 years. Amazingly we found a flight, not only direct from NYC to Malaga — a relatively obscure destination for most Americans, but we found those tickets for only $550 each! This was over $400 off of [...]
Microwaving has been a widely accepted method of cooking and heating meals, but few of us stop to think how ‘nuking’ affects the otherwise nutritious foods that we strive to incorporate into our diets. Nearly two decades ago, a German study reported that microwaving food is actually a major cause of the dramatic increases in [...]
As a former belly dancer, people (both men and women) were always in awe that my husband “allowed me” to “dance for other men.” This is where their belly dance education began. The term ‘belly dance’ is a distortion of the Arabic term raqs al baladi, meaning ‘dance of the people.’ When a dancer named [...]
Many parents-to-be worry about the dramatic increases in asthma rates among children and there is good reason for concern. Many doctors cite environmental factors such as mold, cigarette smoke, and car exhaust for these rises. Others consider certain foods such as eggs, milk, and nuts to be incompatible with the human body. But more and [...]
Watch the Video!
- Butter and the Brain December 27, 2008
- Frozen Salmon That’s Low in Mercury February 2, 2010
- Making 100% Teff Injera October 22, 2009
- Christmas Dinner in St. Martin December 26, 2011
- What’s Your Beef? The Benefits of Going Grass Fed May 2, 2009
- Modern Eating Disorders – Part Two: The Clean Food Myth April 28, 2013
- Modern Eating Disorders – Part One: The War on Food March 24, 2013
- 7 Smart Tips on Flu Prevention and Treatment You May Not Have Considered February 10, 2013
- Day 30 – How Slow Can You Go? February 2, 2013
- Day 29 – How Should I Feed My Kids? February 1, 2013
- ahewcn: That's a great idea. In this day of the internet,...
- Maria: Great article. I don't travel outside of the US ...
- Maria: Very interesting. I am going to send this to my f...
- ahewcn: I have more duck recipes to come. Like a salad wit...
- Lisa: That reminds me... I have a duck in the freezer. :...