It is often said that you shouldn’t eat something that animals won’t eat. Soybeans immediately come to mind in this category as animals instinctively won’t eat it unless it is ground up into food that they normally would eat. Many processed foods also fit this category. People often notice that if they have processed food [...]
Going on a flight overseas is especially different these days because of the flight restrictions since 9/11. Just know that you still have lots of options, even if you’re dealing with food restrictions. Here are things I would suggest to have on-hand: Meals and some snacks for any flight lasting more than 3 hours. You [...]
For a long time, authorities have known the health risks associated with and side effects of aspartame. In fact, the FDA refused approval of this toxic substance for 16 years after its accidental discovery (it was originally a peptic ulcer drug) due to compelling evidence of its role in brain tumors and several other health [...]
Over the past decade, more and more health-conscious people are starting to ask “Is soy milk bad for you?” This question comes as more and more former vegetarians work hard to repair damaged health that seems to have resulted from years of relying on this bean to replace high quality protein in their diet. Here [...]
If you’ve been wanting to know if cholesterol is good for you, then you’ve come to the right place. Today it seems that everybody, from all walks of life are concerned with their cholesterol levels. We all worry if they might be too high, but what about if your cholesterol is too low? Is it [...]
Watch the Video!
- Butter and the Brain December 27, 2008
- Frozen Salmon That’s Low in Mercury February 2, 2010
- Making 100% Teff Injera October 22, 2009
- Christmas Dinner in St. Martin December 26, 2011
- What’s Your Beef? The Benefits of Going Grass Fed May 2, 2009
- Modern Eating Disorders – Part Two: The Clean Food Myth April 28, 2013
- Modern Eating Disorders – Part One: The War on Food March 24, 2013
- 7 Smart Tips on Flu Prevention and Treatment You May Not Have Considered February 10, 2013
- Day 30 – How Slow Can You Go? February 2, 2013
- Day 29 – How Should I Feed My Kids? February 1, 2013
- ahewcn: That's a great idea. In this day of the internet,...
- Maria: Great article. I don't travel outside of the US ...
- Maria: Very interesting. I am going to send this to my f...
- ahewcn: I have more duck recipes to come. Like a salad wit...
- Lisa: That reminds me... I have a duck in the freezer. :...