If you’ve read my suggestions on how to find a reasonably priced place to stay while on vacation, you know that I love to stay on organic farms or something similar. Well, in St. Martin this wasn’t possible basically because there are no farms. So we opted for a small apartment-style complex. It was a [...]
If you can’t eat just anywhere, then here’s your guide to finding health foods on vacation. In particular, people with severe intolerances like gluten intolerance will need to pack their food. As you know, I like to pack my own healthy stuff to bring on my trips. Usually, a few cans of mercury-free tuna and/or [...]
I was so happy that the food on St. Martin was mainly good. Once I realized that there is virtually no source of fresh water on the island, I was worried what that meant for my 2 week vacation. We are foodies in our family, so going somewhere that has awful food (like Holland or [...]
Over the last year is so, my husband has been getting into fishing. So on this vacation we decided that we were going to do a fishing trip to mix up the experience a little. He went on the web and found a guy named Richard who does fishing excursions on St. Maarten. We met [...]
Many people love to leave the kids at home while they go on vacation. But to us, our kids are part of the reason we take vacations in far away places to experience different cultures. There are certain experiences they simply wouldn’t have (or at least wouldn’t remember as well) without having them while submerged [...]
Watch the Video!
- Butter and the Brain December 27, 2008
- Frozen Salmon That’s Low in Mercury February 2, 2010
- Making 100% Teff Injera October 22, 2009
- Christmas Dinner in St. Martin December 26, 2011
- What’s Your Beef? The Benefits of Going Grass Fed May 2, 2009
- Modern Eating Disorders – Part Two: The Clean Food Myth April 28, 2013
- Modern Eating Disorders – Part One: The War on Food March 24, 2013
- 7 Smart Tips on Flu Prevention and Treatment You May Not Have Considered February 10, 2013
- Day 30 – How Slow Can You Go? February 2, 2013
- Day 29 – How Should I Feed My Kids? February 1, 2013
- ahewcn: That's a great idea. In this day of the internet,...
- Maria: Great article. I don't travel outside of the US ...
- Maria: Very interesting. I am going to send this to my f...
- ahewcn: I have more duck recipes to come. Like a salad wit...
- Lisa: That reminds me... I have a duck in the freezer. :...