Let’s face it, food cooked outdoors just tastes better. Doesn’t matter what it is — coffee, pancakes, risotto, a hamburger. I’ve done it all outdoors and it is always extra flavorful and raises my spirits just thinking about it. I swear that I burn off extra calories eating a meal prepared on an open fire [...]
Everybody who knows me has been hearing me rave about how much I love Hawaii since my first visit last April. Yes, I know I haven’t even blogged about it, but mainly that’s because I didn’t know where to begin. I’m so backlogged on travel experiences that I’d love to share with my readers, but [...]
Being the tropics, mosquitoes are a part of life in Jamaica. I didn’t see anything ridiculous in terms of size, but they can be a menace. Many places will have mosquito nets on the beds to protect you, but you still may get bitten. My daughter, Daisy, had bites all over and seems to have [...]
It is clear that drinking water is more beneficial to the body than drinking sodas, coffee, tea and juice, but so few people pay attention to the quality of the water they consume. Tap water, for example, is filled with harmful contaminants such as chlorine, fluoride and all other sorts of industrial chemical runoff. These [...]
OK. So I’m working backwards here, but who cares? I knew about violence in Jamaica, but was unprepared for the number of machetes that are in this country! EVERYBODY AND THEIR MOTHER (literally) has a machete! And they use them often. There are practical uses such as slaughtering an animal or chopping coconuts open, but [...]
Watch the Video!
- Butter and the Brain December 27, 2008
- Frozen Salmon That’s Low in Mercury February 2, 2010
- Making 100% Teff Injera October 22, 2009
- Christmas Dinner in St. Martin December 26, 2011
- What’s Your Beef? The Benefits of Going Grass Fed May 2, 2009
- Modern Eating Disorders – Part Two: The Clean Food Myth April 28, 2013
- Modern Eating Disorders – Part One: The War on Food March 24, 2013
- 7 Smart Tips on Flu Prevention and Treatment You May Not Have Considered February 10, 2013
- Day 30 – How Slow Can You Go? February 2, 2013
- Day 29 – How Should I Feed My Kids? February 1, 2013
- ahewcn: That's a great idea. In this day of the internet,...
- Maria: Great article. I don't travel outside of the US ...
- Maria: Very interesting. I am going to send this to my f...
- ahewcn: I have more duck recipes to come. Like a salad wit...
- Lisa: That reminds me... I have a duck in the freezer. :...