There’s no doubt about it. Water is a healthy beverage, especially when compared to soda, juice or alcohol. But just because it’s healthy, doesn’t mean that you can drink as much of it as you want without ill effect. It doesn’t even mean that the recommendation of drinking 8 glasses per day is a wise [...]
Archive | FranceRSS feed for this section
Recently, I saw a reporter ask the question, “Can you eat bacon and still be healthy?” If you’ve read anything I’ve been writing over the past 3 years, you’ll realize that my answer is a resounding YES! As a holistic nutritionist who believes in following the wisdom of the ancients and traditional eating when it [...]
Let me start by saying that there is no French paradox. Red wine will not unclog your arteries. Plenty of real fats — including the animal fats — minus an abundance of refined sugars will. The French start the day with coffee (no cream or milk usually), yogurt, cheese, pâté, butter and baguette for breakfast. [...]
Watch the Video!
- Butter and the Brain December 27, 2008
- Frozen Salmon That’s Low in Mercury February 2, 2010
- Making 100% Teff Injera October 22, 2009
- Christmas Dinner in St. Martin December 26, 2011
- What’s Your Beef? The Benefits of Going Grass Fed May 2, 2009
- Modern Eating Disorders – Part Two: The Clean Food Myth April 28, 2013
- Modern Eating Disorders – Part One: The War on Food March 24, 2013
- 7 Smart Tips on Flu Prevention and Treatment You May Not Have Considered February 10, 2013
- Day 30 – How Slow Can You Go? February 2, 2013
- Day 29 – How Should I Feed My Kids? February 1, 2013
- ahewcn: That's a great idea. In this day of the internet,...
- Maria: Great article. I don't travel outside of the US ...
- Maria: Very interesting. I am going to send this to my f...
- ahewcn: I have more duck recipes to come. Like a salad wit...
- Lisa: That reminds me... I have a duck in the freezer. :...